Thursday, April 22 2010
It’s Earth Day and you’ve likely heard this before, but it’s always worth saying again, especially when it comes to greening your sex life.
1. Recycle your dead or unwanted vibrators, because really, you can. Places like Love Honey will recycle your used Rabbit Vibe and Sex Toy Recycling will take a lot more of your sex toys, but please remember to wash them first please.
2. Help reduce landfill waste by buying sex toys that don’t require batteries, like rechargeable vibrators, paddles, dildos and butt plugs, or use rechargeable batteries for those beloved battery-operated devices. Recycled batteries are the kind that you plug into the wall to re-juice.
3. Buy less, but more of what you want. We all have way more stuff than we need, so instead of purchasing a myriad of less expensive products, find two or three higher-end toys that rock your world. Check out the Pure Wand by njoy (it’s stainless steel, boilable and doesn’t vibrate), JimmyJane’s Form Six or Form Two (the company is the most eco-conscious sex toy manufacturer I know and both vibes are rechargeable) and SpareParts harnesses, for products that take a licking and keep on ticking.
4. Use expired condoms for other things like storage bags, waterproofing your cell phone and water balloon fights.
5. Instead of driving around today, spend the day in bed, having sex. You’ll contribute to reducing at least a certain type of emission!
Tell Me You Love Me